Hi friends! it's been a long time since I've posted, but from now on I'll be posting every item I make, talk about the experiment even if it's not new, and write notes about my own version and touches I add.
In this post, I'll present my version of the 3 Bees: Beaded Baby Booties. Watching videos on YouTube of Turkish tutorials, I've fallen in love with them, and made my own version, making sure to their design is as simple as possible. I hope you will find them easy to crochet too.
All you need is yarn, a suitable hook, stitch markers and lots of beads. I used:
- Yarn: Alize cotton club yarn (55% cotton).
- US D/3 (3 mm) crochet hook.
- About 250 colored small beads.
- Each booty is worked from center line of sole in rounds up to the last row continuously.
- Before you start, insert half number of beads into the yarn using either a needle or a small size hook, or by using a needle threader (as I did) if the beads have small threading holes.
- Always push beads away, and pull enough yarn to work with in the first part of work before the beaded rounds.
Crochet terms used:
- ch: chain.
- sc: single crochet.
- dc: double crochet.
- hdc: half double crochet.
- fpdc: front post double crochet.
- bpdc: back post double crochet.
- fptr: front post treble crochet.
Threading beads by using needle threader:
- insert a bead into the needle threader.
- thread the yarn through the hole.
- pull the bead out of the needle threader through the yarn.
- take the yarn out of the hole.
- repeat. (you will find the bellow photos helpful).
How to work the stitch with a bead:
1. Pull few beads near the hook, yarn over.
2. Insert hook in stitch.
3. Pull one bead closer.
4. Hold the yarn and bead back the work with your middle finger, and yarn over.
5. yarn over and pull two loops through hook.
Make 15 ch.
Round 1: dc 3 in 4th st, dc in each of next 10 sts, 7 dc in last st, turn work to other side, dc in each 10 sts, dc 3 in the next st, slip st to 3rd ch of first ch 3.
Round 2: ch 2, hdc in the same st, 2 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, hdc in each of the next 5 sts, dc in each of the next 7 sts, 2 dc in each of the next 2 sts, 3 dc in next st (mark the center st of these 3 dc), 2 dc in each of the next 2 sts, dc in each of the next 7 sts, hdc in each of the next 5 sts, 2 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, and now that all stitches are worked, hdc in the first st, slip st in the 2nd st of first ch 2.
Round 3: ch 2, hdc in the same st, (hdc, 2 hdc) twice, hdc in next 8 sts, dc in next 6 sts, (2 dc, dc) twice, 3 dc in center st (change stitch marker to the new center position), (dc, 2 dc) twice, dc in next 6 sts, hdc in next 8 sts, (2 hdc, hdc) twice, slip st to 2nd st of first ch 2.
Sole is finished.
The sole now is about 10 cm (4 inches) long.
Round 4: ch 3 (doesnt count as st), bpdc in the same st, bpdc in each st, to end of row, slip st to first bpdc.
Round 5: ch 3, fpdc in the same st, *bpdc, fpdc, repeat from * to last st, bpdc in last st, slip st to first fpdc. (change the st marker position to new place, note that the center st must be fpdc st).
Round 6: repeat row 5.
Mark the sixth bpdc st before and after the fpdc center st.
Round 7: ch 3, fpdc in the same st, *bpdc, fpdc, repeat from* to the first st marker, (bpdc, fpdc together) 5 times, in the center, (bpdc, center fpdc, bpdc together), (fpdc, bpdc together) 5 times, *fpdc, bpdc, repeat from * to end of row, slip st to first fpdc st. place a stitch marker in center st, and in the fifth st before and after the center st.
Round 8: ch 3, fpdc in the same st, bpdc, *fpdc, bpdc, repeat from* to the first st marker, fptr in the next st, (4 fptr, center fptr, 4 fptr together), ch 1, fptr in the next st, *bpdc, fpdc, repear from * to last st, bpdc, slip st to first fpdc st.
Round 9: ch 1, sc in the same st and in each st to end of row, slip st to first ch 1.
Round 10: ch 3, dc in the same st and in every st to end of round, slip st to the first dc,
Turn work and face the inside.
Round 11: ch 2, work all sts as tutored above, slip st to second ch of first ch 2.
Round 12: ch 3, dc in every st to end of round, slip st to 3rd ch of first ch 3.
Repeat rounds 11 and 12 two more times. cut yarn and weave in loose ends, make the second booty exactly the same. have a nice crocheting day.
Lastly, feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions or find something confusing in the pattern.